Monday 12 January 2009

Conference Presenting and Recovery

Well, this weekend I had the opportunity to present my first academic paper at an archaeological conference.  It was not the first conference I had attended, but attending as a PhD student presenting a paper was a very different experience.  People actually seemed interested in speaking to me and after my paper I had a number of individuals come up to me to discuss my research.  This was very flattering and I just can't believe how exciting it is to have people taking an interest in me.

Of course, I then came home and collapsed in a heap.  I was totally worn out from all the networking and socializing that had been going on.

Yesterday, I did almost nothing but buy groceries and watch tv.  I bought a whole bunch of veggies to experiment with this week and explore some of the recipes in Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian.  Tonight, I think I'll be making stirfried pork with kale, mushrooms, and peppers with chilies and garlic - not exactly out of the book, but inspired by!

No comments:

Post a Comment